Embarking on a journey for higher education in Romania involves a thorough understanding of the study visa process. The Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has opened applications for the Romania Government Scholarship 2024, providing opportunities for international students pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. degrees. This guide delves into the Romania Study Visa Process, shedding light on types, requirements, and the application process.
Romania’s Long Stay Visa (D/SD): An Overview
The Long Stay Visa (symbol D/SD) in Romania caters to third-country nationals intending to travel for pre-graduate, graduate, or postgraduate studies, training, or internship. This visa allows part-time employment for up to four hours a day without the need for a separate work permit.
Requirements for Romania Study Visa:
- Acceptance for Study: Obtain an acceptance letter from the Romanian University.
- Authorization from Ministry of Education: After receiving the university’s agreement, secure authorization to study from the Romanian Ministry of Education.
- Proof of Tuition Fee Payment: Provide evidence of tuition fee payment for at least one year if not on a scholarship.
- Financial Support Proof: Demonstrate proof of financial support.
- Police Clearance Certificate: Obtain a police clearance certificate.
- Accommodation Proof: Furnish proof of accommodation in Romania.
- Health Insurance: Present health insurance coverage.
- Application Form: Complete the Romania long-stay visa application form available on the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
- Valid Passport: Ensure your passport is valid.
- Passport Size Pictures: Provide passport-sized pictures.
The application fee for a Romania Long Stay Visa (D) is EUR 120.
Romania Long Stay Visa Application Form:
Download the long-stay visa application form from the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
Submit visa applications at least 45 days before the planned travel date.
How to Apply for a Romania Study Visa:
- Visit the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website: https://evisa.mae.ro.
- Select your country from the list.
- Access the website of the Romanian embassy in your country.
- Schedule an appointment for visa application.
- Submit the visa application in person; applications by post or express courier are not accepted.
For detailed and country-specific information, visit the website of the Romanian embassy in your respective country: https://www.mae.ro/en/romanian-missions.
Embarking on a study journey in Romania involves meticulous preparation and adherence to visa requirements. By following the outlined process, aspiring students can navigate the Romania Study Visa application with confidence. Good luck in your educational pursuit in Romania!