Employment in Switzerland’s agricultural industry is a good illustration of the low-skilled work that is available to people from Asia, Africa, South America, etc.
Employment options for foreign nationals in Switzerland are plentiful for those who wish to work in the farmyard as fruit pickers. Seasonal work is commonly filled by a large number of people all at once whenever a need arises.
Many Swiss businesses are eager to begin harvesting their crops in the winter, thus, fruit picker positions tend to be in great demand during this time. Some Swiss fruit orchards will even pay for your airfare and living expenses so you can gather fruit in their orchard. We’ll show you the ropes when it comes to landing a high-paying fruit-picking gig in Switzerland as a foreigner.
- 1 Job Details
- 2 Positions Available for Fruit Pickers
- 3 Salary Package
- 4 Methods for Securing Visa Sponsorship for Lucrative Fruit-Picking Jobs in Switzerland
- 5 Best visa-sponsored fruit harvesting jobs in Switzerland.
- 6 How to Apply For Fruit Picking Jobs in Appenzell Switzerland for Foreigners 2024
- 7 Sponsorship
- Job title: Fruit Picking Jobs
- Country: Switzerland
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Knowledge required: No
- Experience required: Yes/ No
Positions Available for Fruit Pickers
Picking fruit and vegetables involves, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Fruits are sorted by size, type, and ripeness before being picked.
- Identifying and removing damaged or overly ripe fruits from a wide variety of fruit kinds.
- Measuring and packing fresh produce into boxes, then placing them on trucks.
- Perform inventory duties such as receiving, counting, labelling, and storing things.
- Harvesting fruits and vegetables and doing maintenance on the machinery used to do so.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work site and a risk-free environment.
- Names for the Same Job
- picker of fruit
- gatherer of fruits and vegetables
- Picker of Fruits and Vegetables
- fruit collector
- farmer’s market worker
- Collecting produce
- Rural laborer’s
- Produce gatherer
- Collecting crops
- field harvester
- harvesters of fruits and vegetables
- Prerequisite Knowledge, Abilities, and Experience
- These are some of the most frequently required traits for a farmer.
- Ability to convey ideas effectively.
- You need to be in good shape.
- Perfect coordination of hands and eyes.
- A familiarity with successful farming methods.
- Capable of working lengthy shifts away from home.
Employees who gather fruit and vegetables on Swiss farms typically earn $1,000 per month. Various factors will be taken into account throughout the period of work, thus, this figure may change.
Picking fruit and vegetables is one of the few unskilled jobs available internationally that pays its employees by the hour or by the amount of produce harvested. This is another aspect of the employment contract that is typically subject to negotiation and mutual agreement. Bonuses, housing, and food are just some of the perks that come with many Swiss fruit harvesting jobs.
Methods for Securing Visa Sponsorship for Lucrative Fruit-Picking Jobs in Switzerland
If you are an international applicant looking for a high-paying agricultural or fruit-picking job in Switzerland, there are a few options. Some of the more typical routes to get lucrative fruit-picking employment in Switzerland are detailed here.
Send someone to Switzerland to look for a job harvesting fruit in your stead. If you have a Swiss relative or friend, you might ask them to contact Swiss farms and orchards on your behalf in order to find a fruit-picking job that will sponsor your visa.
Seek Out Employment Firms Abroad: Across all seven continents, there is a sizable population of international placement firms. Contacting someone who has a clean history and solid standing is a smart move.
If you are an international worker looking for a fruit-picking job in Switzerland that would sponsor your visa, one option is to search the hundreds of international recruiting job posting boards available online. You can find the most recent openings in the specified field/category by searching their websites.
Investing in any one of these three channels this year will guarantee success. In addition, our contact page serves as an avenue for you to seek advice from us.
Best visa-sponsored fruit harvesting jobs in Switzerland.
- Jobs in Switzerland for Picking Fruit (Get Sponsored for Your Visa): Apply Now!
- Harvesting apples
- Harvesting Mangoes
- Picking Cherries Picking tomatoes
- To gather pineapples
- Gathering of grapes, etc.
How to Apply For Fruit Picking Jobs in Appenzell Switzerland for Foreigners 2024
Use the application link to apply for a high-paying fruit/vegetable picking job in Switzerland that also provides visa sponsorship for overseas applicants.
There are hundreds of jobs open to foreigners harvesting fruit in Switzerland, and they are all listed on the homepage. Find a position that suits your skills and experience.
Finally, Switzerland offers high-paying fruit-picking jobs to foreigners with visa sponsorship.
Jobs picking fruit in Switzerland for foreigners with sponsorship for a work visa are a first-rate chance for people from other countries to earn a good living in Switzerland.
We covered everything there is to know about agricultural employment opportunities in Switzerland, both for those looking to relocate there and for those already there, so we hope you found it useful.
Above, we discussed the whole job description for agricultural/farm job employment, including the qualifications needed for the job, the typical responsibilities of farm workers, and the average annual salary for Swiss farmers.
Use the application link(s) on this page to research fruit picking opportunities in Switzerland and notify prospective employers of your interest (CV/Resume).
In addition, we provide resume services tailored to the position you’re seeking. Your prospects of getting an interview and finding work in Switzerland are directly related to how well you promote yourself on your resume and cover letter.