Are you interested in seasonal cultivation work in the UK? The UK government is offering a Temporary Work Seasonal Employee Visa for individuals seeking opportunities in the agriculture sector. Collaborate with approved system operators as sponsors and engage in seasonal cultivation. Here’s how you can apply:
To be eligible for the Seasonal Worker visa, you must:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship from an approved system operator detailing your position.
- Work in an eligible role within the agriculture sector.
- Demonstrate funds of at least £1,270 held for 28 days, or have your employer agree to cover your costs during your first month in the UK.
- Pay the visa application fee and immigration health surcharge, providing any required biometric data.
- Not be subject to refusal under general grounds for rejection.
Certified Agricultural Duties:
The proposed duties must involve the cultivation of specific crops such as:
- Protected vegetables (greenhouse or outdoor field vegetables)
- Soft Fruit (outdoor or under cover)
- Top Fruit (orchard fruit)
- Vine and Bines (twining or climbing stems of certain crops)
- Bulbs and scale-back flowers
- Pot plants
- Hardy ornamental nursery stock
- Tree and forest nurseries
Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) Requirement:
To obtain the visa, you must possess a valid Certification of Sponsorship for your intended duty. The CoS should be issued by an authorized company, not more than 3 months before the visa application date. It must include specific details about your identity, job, salary, and adhere to relevant rules.
Applicants must have funds of at least £1,270, held for 28 consecutive days ending no more than 31 days before the visa application date. Employers can cover these costs during the first month in the UK, as confirmed in the Certification of Sponsorship.
- Applications must be submitted from outside the UK.
- There is no time restriction for eligible or decorative cultivation sectors.
- Apply no earlier than 3 months before your intended start date, as specified in the CoS.
- You can expect a decision within 3 weeks.
Visa Fees and Reductions:
The application fee is £244, with a £55 reduction for nationals of specific countries in Asia, Africa, and Europe.
Duration of Stay:
If successful, you can stay in the UK for the duration mentioned in your CoS plus an additional 2 weeks before and after that period, up to a maximum of 6 months in any 12-month period.
Conditions and Limitations:
- Work only in the sponsored role.
- Study or take training with an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate.
- Cannot accept permanent employment or work in a second job.
- No entitlement to public funds.
Applying through Approved Sponsors:
To facilitate your application process, consider applying through approved sponsors such as:
- Pro Force
- AG Recruitment Ltd.
- Fruitful Jobs
Visit the official UK government website (https://www.gov.uk/) for further details and the application process.